Los Angeles News
Body found in WeHo parked car identified as Running Springs man
WEST HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The body found in a parked car near West Hollywood over the weekend has been identified by officials following an autopsy.
The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office said the victim is 33-year-old Steven John Simmons of Running Springs. His decomposing remains were found Saturday in a Cadillac Escalade parked near Willoughby and North Genesee avenues.
Simmons had been shot in the chest. The coroner's office determined the gunshot wound was the cause of death.
Los Angeles detectives have no motive for the killing, but investigators want to speak with a person of interest named Jacob Anthonisen.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact Detectives Frank Carrillo and Jay King of the LAPD Robbery-Homicide Division at (213) 486-6890.
body found, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought 1 min ago
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres 1 min ago
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival 34 min ago
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report