Los Angeles News
Body found in WeHo parked car identified as Running Springs man
WEST HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The body found in a parked car near West Hollywood over the weekend has been identified by officials following an autopsy.
The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office said the victim is 33-year-old Steven John Simmons of Running Springs. His decomposing remains were found Saturday in a Cadillac Escalade parked near Willoughby and North Genesee avenues.
Simmons had been shot in the chest. The coroner's office determined the gunshot wound was the cause of death.
Los Angeles detectives have no motive for the killing, but investigators want to speak with a person of interest named Jacob Anthonisen.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact Detectives Frank Carrillo and Jay King of the LAPD Robbery-Homicide Division at (213) 486-6890.
body found, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10
- AEG Live spent $24M on Michael Jackson tour
34 min ago
- Pet of the week: 2-month-old Chihuahua-mix
19 min ago