Los Angeles News
Body found in WeHo parked car identified as Running Springs man
WEST HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The body found in a parked car near West Hollywood over the weekend has been identified by officials following an autopsy.
The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office said the victim is 33-year-old Steven John Simmons of Running Springs. His decomposing remains were found Saturday in a Cadillac Escalade parked near Willoughby and North Genesee avenues.
Simmons had been shot in the chest. The coroner's office determined the gunshot wound was the cause of death.
Los Angeles detectives have no motive for the killing, but investigators want to speak with a person of interest named Jacob Anthonisen.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact Detectives Frank Carrillo and Jay King of the LAPD Robbery-Homicide Division at (213) 486-6890.
body found, los angeles news
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested 32 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz 24 min ago
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges 26 min ago
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies 28 min ago
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot