Los Angeles News
Body found in WeHo parked car identified as Running Springs man
WEST HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The body found in a parked car near West Hollywood over the weekend has been identified by officials following an autopsy.
The Los Angeles County Coroner's Office said the victim is 33-year-old Steven John Simmons of Running Springs. His decomposing remains were found Saturday in a Cadillac Escalade parked near Willoughby and North Genesee avenues.
Simmons had been shot in the chest. The coroner's office determined the gunshot wound was the cause of death.
Los Angeles detectives have no motive for the killing, but investigators want to speak with a person of interest named Jacob Anthonisen.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact Detectives Frank Carrillo and Jay King of the LAPD Robbery-Homicide Division at (213) 486-6890.
body found, los angeles news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 46 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)