Los Angeles News
Sunset Strip farmers market pleases locals
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A new farmers market has come to the Sunset Strip, complete with entertainment, good food and happy residents.
The Sunset Strip Market debuted Thursday night at 8755 Sunset Blvd. in the parking lot formerly occupied by Tower Records.
"It's just a sense of community to an otherwise sort of like busy strip of businesses. I walk from my place to the gym, and see this empty parking lot, and it's just like it's come alive," said West Hollywood resident Keith Garsee.
The market features not only fresh produce, but food that can be eaten on the premises - everything from rotisserie chicken to fresh oysters.
"I think it's great. We live right next door, so it's perfect for us. We used to go to Hollywood, and now we can go to the bottom of our street," said West Hollywood resident Rachel Healy.
The farmers market will be open every Thursday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
sunset boulevard, west hollywood, food, los angeles news, amy powell
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- 'Sexting' case at IE schools nets teen arrest 43 min ago
- Suspect shot, hurt after aiming gun at police 16 min ago
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
22 min ago