Los Angeles News
Sunset Strip farmers market pleases locals
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A new farmers market has come to the Sunset Strip, complete with entertainment, good food and happy residents.
The Sunset Strip Market debuted Thursday night at 8755 Sunset Blvd. in the parking lot formerly occupied by Tower Records.
"It's just a sense of community to an otherwise sort of like busy strip of businesses. I walk from my place to the gym, and see this empty parking lot, and it's just like it's come alive," said West Hollywood resident Keith Garsee.
The market features not only fresh produce, but food that can be eaten on the premises - everything from rotisserie chicken to fresh oysters.
"I think it's great. We live right next door, so it's perfect for us. We used to go to Hollywood, and now we can go to the bottom of our street," said West Hollywood resident Rachel Healy.
The farmers market will be open every Thursday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
sunset boulevard, west hollywood, food, los angeles news, amy powell
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors