Los Angeles News
Sunset Strip farmers market pleases locals
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A new farmers market has come to the Sunset Strip, complete with entertainment, good food and happy residents.
The Sunset Strip Market debuted Thursday night at 8755 Sunset Blvd. in the parking lot formerly occupied by Tower Records.
"It's just a sense of community to an otherwise sort of like busy strip of businesses. I walk from my place to the gym, and see this empty parking lot, and it's just like it's come alive," said West Hollywood resident Keith Garsee.
The market features not only fresh produce, but food that can be eaten on the premises - everything from rotisserie chicken to fresh oysters.
"I think it's great. We live right next door, so it's perfect for us. We used to go to Hollywood, and now we can go to the bottom of our street," said West Hollywood resident Rachel Healy.
The farmers market will be open every Thursday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
sunset boulevard, west hollywood, food, los angeles news, amy powell
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 8 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2