Los Angeles News
Studio City jewelry store robbed twice in 1 hour by same man
STUDIO CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- A jewelry store was robbed twice in one hour by the same suspect in Studio City on Friday morning, and it was all caught on tape.
It was a brazen smash-and-grab robbery that happened around 5 a.m. at the Dana Kathryn Jewelry store on busy Ventura Boulevard.
"It was so casual, broad daylight, and then when he was totally done getting everything he wanted, he just totally took off," said Dana Kathryn jewelry store owner, Dana Kathryn.
The entire crime was captured on camera and showed two suspects, one wearing a hooded sweatshirt and the other a jean jacket, smashing the front display window and taking off in a black sedan with tinted windows. An hour later, the suspect in the jean jacket returned and picked out what he wanted from the same display window.
"It was very nonchalant, like he was just shopping, nothing to him," said Kathryn.
At one point he appeared to be locked out of his car. So he returned to the window, he paused and checked his watch for the coast to clear, then loaded up again.
In total, Kathryn says the thieves made off with about $6,000 worth of jewelry, including a pearl and black diamond necklace and ring.
Kathryn has been robbed before, but never by someone who seemed so unconcerned with the cameras. But detectives are hoping that is what will lead them to the suspect.
"I know somebody recognizes him. It's a very good shot of him, and it would be nice to let him answer to what he did," said Kathryn.
Anyone with information about the suspect is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
burglary, caught on tape, studio city, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city 14 min ago
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water 6 min ago
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'