Los Angeles News
Train conductor injured after Union Pacific Rail Yard train crash, derailment
LINCOLN HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A train conductor was injured Saturday morning following a crash and derailment at the Union Pacific Rail Yard in Lincoln Heights.
Just before 2 a.m., three cars derailed after a 53-car train struck some parked rail cars near the Lamar Street crossing.
Luckily, the derailed cars remained upright.
It's unknown whether the cars were carrying hazardous materials, but there does not appear to be any threat.
The engineer of the derailed train was taken to the hospital. There was no word on his condition.
train accident, los angeles news
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Hustle' lead Globes noms 15 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate