Los Angeles News
Train conductor injured after Union Pacific Rail Yard train crash, derailment
LINCOLN HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A train conductor was injured Saturday morning following a crash and derailment at the Union Pacific Rail Yard in Lincoln Heights.
Just before 2 a.m., three cars derailed after a 53-car train struck some parked rail cars near the Lamar Street crossing.
Luckily, the derailed cars remained upright.
It's unknown whether the cars were carrying hazardous materials, but there does not appear to be any threat.
The engineer of the derailed train was taken to the hospital. There was no word on his condition.
train accident, los angeles news
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 18 min ago
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 57 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court 51 min ago
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments