Los Angeles News
Train conductor injured after Union Pacific Rail Yard train crash, derailment
LINCOLN HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A train conductor was injured Saturday morning following a crash and derailment at the Union Pacific Rail Yard in Lincoln Heights.
Just before 2 a.m., three cars derailed after a 53-car train struck some parked rail cars near the Lamar Street crossing.
Luckily, the derailed cars remained upright.
It's unknown whether the cars were carrying hazardous materials, but there does not appear to be any threat.
The engineer of the derailed train was taken to the hospital. There was no word on his condition.
train accident, los angeles news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy