Los Angeles News
Man shot in head in front of El Monte home
EL MONTE, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators are searching for as many as two suspects in connection to the death of a man shot in the head in front of his El Monte home Saturday.
Investigators said the incident started as a physical fight between the victim and one or two suspects just before noon at an apartment building in the 5200 block of Tyler Avenue. Apparently the suspects left, came back some time later and shot the man in the head. The victim was taken to the hospital where he died of his injury.
"We know that the suspect was involved in some kind of a dispute earlier in the day," said Lt. Matt Burson of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. "We are vigorously following up on that information."
The owner of the apartment building where the shooting took place said there was a party held at the home Friday night, but it was unknown whether it was related to the shooting.
A suspect was described as a Hispanic man who was last seen fleeing north on Tyler Avenue.
Anyone with information was asked to call investigators at (626) 285-7171.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles news, carlos granda
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain 13 min ago
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage 33 min ago
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84 56 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present