Los Angeles News
Double hit-and-run victim killed in South LA
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man in south Los Angeles was killed after police say he was struck in two separate hit-and-run incidents.
Authorities say the victim was walking in a marked crosswalk on 42nd Street early Sunday morning, when a vehicle traveling north on Central Avenue hit him, then took off.
According to police, witnesses tried to help the victim, but that's when he was struck by a second vehicle and allegedly dragged several hundred feet.
The victim's name was not released. Police are searching for both vehicles.
south los angeles, hit and run, car crash, los angeles news
- Report: Possible armed suspect in LA Times bldg 1 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat 14 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
39 min ago