Los Angeles News
Man arrested for kidnapping Malibu teen
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- A 28-year-old man described as a transient was arrested for kidnapping a 17-year-old girl who was on her way to school in Malibu.
Authorities said Alexis Fantauzzi forced his way into the victim's car when she was at the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and Webb Way at about 6:30 a.m. on June 12.
Fantauzzi allegedly drove around the area for several hours until he stopped at a local gas station. The victim signaled that she needed help, but before anyone could get involved, Fantauzzi allegedly sped off.
A good Samaritan called police, and Fantauzzi was taken into custody a short time later without further incident.
Fantauzzi is being held on $2 million bail and faces charges of kidnapping to commit another crime, kidnapping while carjacking, vandalism, annoy or molest a child, and attempted escape from arrest.
City News Service contributed to this report.
kidnap, malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles news
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics 6 min ago
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer 21 min ago
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 11 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)