Los Angeles News
Man arrested for kidnapping Malibu teen
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- A 28-year-old man described as a transient was arrested for kidnapping a 17-year-old girl who was on her way to school in Malibu.
Authorities said Alexis Fantauzzi forced his way into the victim's car when she was at the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and Webb Way at about 6:30 a.m. on June 12.
Fantauzzi allegedly drove around the area for several hours until he stopped at a local gas station. The victim signaled that she needed help, but before anyone could get involved, Fantauzzi allegedly sped off.
A good Samaritan called police, and Fantauzzi was taken into custody a short time later without further incident.
Fantauzzi is being held on $2 million bail and faces charges of kidnapping to commit another crime, kidnapping while carjacking, vandalism, annoy or molest a child, and attempted escape from arrest.
City News Service contributed to this report.
kidnap, malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke