Los Angeles News
Man arrested for kidnapping Malibu teen
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- A 28-year-old man described as a transient was arrested for kidnapping a 17-year-old girl who was on her way to school in Malibu.
Authorities said Alexis Fantauzzi forced his way into the victim's car when she was at the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and Webb Way at about 6:30 a.m. on June 12.
Fantauzzi allegedly drove around the area for several hours until he stopped at a local gas station. The victim signaled that she needed help, but before anyone could get involved, Fantauzzi allegedly sped off.
A good Samaritan called police, and Fantauzzi was taken into custody a short time later without further incident.
Fantauzzi is being held on $2 million bail and faces charges of kidnapping to commit another crime, kidnapping while carjacking, vandalism, annoy or molest a child, and attempted escape from arrest.
City News Service contributed to this report.
kidnap, malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles news
- Wrong-way driver causes 8-car pileup on 14 Fwy 10 min ago
- South LA chase ends with crash, standoff
- Passenger rants about poison, CIA on plane
- West Hills murder suspect caught in motel room
- Motorcycle fleeing police crashes; 2 dead
- IE man dies after being crushed by cows
- OC sheriff's deputy critically injured in crash
- Dog goes missing from Norco grooming shop
- Jimmy Hoffa search: FBI looks at MI field
- abcnews: Victim's grandson welcomes release of killer
- G8 meeting: Divisions over Syrian civil war
- Jackson trial: Former record exec testifies
- Jay-Z's new album 'Magna Carta Holy Grail'
- OTRC: 'Girl Meets World' getting full series
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
35 min ago