Los Angeles News
Man arrested for kidnapping Malibu teen
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- A 28-year-old man described as a transient was arrested for kidnapping a 17-year-old girl who was on her way to school in Malibu.
Authorities said Alexis Fantauzzi forced his way into the victim's car when she was at the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and Webb Way at about 6:30 a.m. on June 12.
Fantauzzi allegedly drove around the area for several hours until he stopped at a local gas station. The victim signaled that she needed help, but before anyone could get involved, Fantauzzi allegedly sped off.
A good Samaritan called police, and Fantauzzi was taken into custody a short time later without further incident.
Fantauzzi is being held on $2 million bail and faces charges of kidnapping to commit another crime, kidnapping while carjacking, vandalism, annoy or molest a child, and attempted escape from arrest.
City News Service contributed to this report.
kidnap, malibu/pacific palisades, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour