Los Angeles News
Boyle Heights taco truck crash: no plea yet for suspected DUI driver
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspected drunk driver accused in a deadly crash at the end of a pursuit appeared in court Tuesday.
Elba Jimenez, 37, of Upland, is facing two counts of murder, driving under the influence and other charges. Jimenez did not enter a plea. Her arraignment was postponed.
Police said she was fleeing California Highway Patrol officers Saturday night when she ran a red light and crashed into a crowd at a taco truck in Boyle Heights, killing two people.
Jimenez is being held on $2 million bail.
car chase, car crash, pursuit, los angeles news
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 16 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home 35 min ago
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Beach Report Card rates Calif. water quality
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'