Los Angeles News
Boyle Heights taco truck crash: no plea yet for suspected DUI driver
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A suspected drunk driver accused in a deadly crash at the end of a pursuit appeared in court Tuesday.
Elba Jimenez, 37, of Upland, is facing two counts of murder, driving under the influence and other charges. Jimenez did not enter a plea. Her arraignment was postponed.
Police said she was fleeing California Highway Patrol officers Saturday night when she ran a red light and crashed into a crowd at a taco truck in Boyle Heights, killing two people.
Jimenez is being held on $2 million bail.
car chase, car crash, pursuit, los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking 5 min ago
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries 16 min ago
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building 43 min ago
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers 20 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6' 22 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews