Los Angeles News
Carson barricade brings sheriff's SWAT team
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's SWAT team was summoned to a barricade situation in Carson Saturday afternoon.
Someone reported a family member had assaulted other family members in a dispute at a residence on the 40 block of Camelback South at about 12:50 p.m. The residence is within a gated community.
Nearby homes were evacuated, according to the sheriff's department.
Crisis negotiators were also on scene.
By 8 p.m., the department said the suspect continued to resist verbal orders. The suspect attempted to shoot multiple times at the SWAT team, according to the department.
By 10 p.m., the suspect had surrendered.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male adult. He was originally wanted for assault with a deadly weapon.
los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 44 min ago
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks