Los Angeles News
Carson barricade brings sheriff's SWAT team
CARSON, Calif. (KABC) -- A Los Angeles County Sheriff's SWAT team was summoned to a barricade situation in Carson Saturday afternoon.
Someone reported a family member had assaulted other family members in a dispute at a residence on the 40 block of Camelback South at about 12:50 p.m. The residence is within a gated community.
Nearby homes were evacuated, according to the sheriff's department.
Crisis negotiators were also on scene.
By 8 p.m., the department said the suspect continued to resist verbal orders. The suspect attempted to shoot multiple times at the SWAT team, according to the department.
By 10 p.m., the suspect had surrendered.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male adult. He was originally wanted for assault with a deadly weapon.
los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 12 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC 44 min ago
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 33 min ago
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler