Los Angeles News
Dog-fighting ring in Littlerock: 12 arrested
LITTLEROCK, Calif. (KABC) -- Twelve people were arrested Saturday after a tip led to an alleged dog-fighting ring in the Littlerock area near Palmdale.
The Humane Society was told about a man who was taking his dog to be involved in a fight. When Los Angeles County deputies followed up on the tip, they found eight pit bulls and a dog-fighting ring inside a home on the 8900 block of East Avenue T-12.
The suspects were identified as: 48-year-old Paul Manuel Wilhite, 46-year-old Kevin Benard Thomas, 36-year-old Adan Manzo, 36-year-old Jeffrey Reyes Tedtaotao, 58-year-old Cornelius Bailey, 35-year-old Cornelius Bailey III, 44-year-old Theron Lee Mahone, 47-year-old Julio A. Chavez, 62-year-old Herman Ceasar, 43-year-old Jeremy Maril Anderson, 37-year-old Miguel Angel Leon and 60-year-old George Allen Jones.
The dogs were all turned over to county animal control officers. Those who were arrested face felony charges.
animal news, los angeles news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds