Los Angeles News
Northridge car crash kills 1; driver arrested for DUI
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was arrested after a deadly two-car crash in Northridge on Monday night.
Authorities said around 9:30 p.m., the woman struck another vehicle on a residential street at Parthenia Street and Corbin Avenue, killing a 23-year-old woman and injuring her brother, who was driving.
The female driver of the other car, whose identity was not immediately released, was arrested on DUI charges.
According to police, the collision was so violent it sent one of the vehicles through a fence and into a nearby yard. They said the vehicles were traveling in different directions and both had damage on the right side, indicating that one of them crossed over the double line in the middle of the street. The crash remains under investigation.
car crash, los angeles news, christina salvo
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 2 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- Obama speaks at Brandenburg Gate in Germany
37 min ago