Los Angeles News
Northridge car crash kills 1; driver arrested for DUI
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was arrested after a deadly two-car crash in Northridge on Monday night.
Authorities said around 9:30 p.m., the woman struck another vehicle on a residential street at Parthenia Street and Corbin Avenue, killing a 23-year-old woman and injuring her brother, who was driving.
The female driver of the other car, whose identity was not immediately released, was arrested on DUI charges.
According to police, the collision was so violent it sent one of the vehicles through a fence and into a nearby yard. They said the vehicles were traveling in different directions and both had damage on the right side, indicating that one of them crossed over the double line in the middle of the street. The crash remains under investigation.
car crash, los angeles news, christina salvo
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle 35 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future