Los Angeles News
Bank robbery, suspicious package close Van Nuys intersection
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The intersection of Van Nuys Boulevard and Sylvan Street was closed to traffic while a bomb squad investigated a suspicious package left at a Chase Bank branch after a bank robbery there.
A white male suspect standing 5 feet 6 inches tall wearing a black suit and a pink shirt robbed the bank at about 2:25 p.m.
The suspect got away with an undisclosed amount of money. He claimed he was armed with explosives. As the suspect departed, he left behind a briefcase or package. An LAPD bomb squad was called in to investigate.
bank robbery, suspicious object, lapd, los angeles news
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials 31 min ago
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct 50 min ago
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt 29 min ago
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K 12 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer