Los Angeles News
Ex-Marine accused in plot to kill pregnant wife
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Twenty-six-year-old Brian Corder is a former U.S. Marine who stands accused of attempted murder and conspiracy.
The victim: Corder's pregnant wife, who shared an apartment with him on the 8600 block of De Soto Avenue in Northridge. The victim, who is four months along, was savagely beaten, but she and the unborn child are expected to make a full recovery.
"Thank god she survived, she is a very, very tough lady," said Los Angeles Police Det. Chris Casey.
It happened at 12:40 a.m. on June 16. Investigators say Corder conspired to kill his wife with his girlfriend, 19-year-old Fredericka Carmouche of Sherman Oaks, along with their friend, 21-year-old Stephon Crutchfield of Pasadena.
Investigators would not say what kinds of weapons were used in the attack. Initially, detectives thought the victim had been sexually assaulted, but they said it didn't take long for the truth to emerge.
"These investigators are very talented, and things weren't adding up right, and they pursued the leads and evidence which compiled together to get the right three people," said Casey.
Corder, Carmouche and Crutchfield have all been charged with conspiracy and attempted murder. They are behind bars with bail set at $1 million each. Corder's wife remains at an undisclosed hospital in stable condition.
los angeles news, robert holguin
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved 30 min ago
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- 13-year-old leads wild police chase in Iowa
42 min ago
- Nathan Fillion spending summer on big screen
49 min ago