Los Angeles News
Ex-Marine accused in plot to kill pregnant wife
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Twenty-six-year-old Brian Corder is a former U.S. Marine who stands accused of attempted murder and conspiracy.
The victim: Corder's pregnant wife, who shared an apartment with him on the 8600 block of De Soto Avenue in Northridge. The victim, who is four months along, was savagely beaten, but she and the unborn child are expected to make a full recovery.
"Thank god she survived, she is a very, very tough lady," said Los Angeles Police Det. Chris Casey.
It happened at 12:40 a.m. on June 16. Investigators say Corder conspired to kill his wife with his girlfriend, 19-year-old Fredericka Carmouche of Sherman Oaks, along with their friend, 21-year-old Stephon Crutchfield of Pasadena.
Investigators would not say what kinds of weapons were used in the attack. Initially, detectives thought the victim had been sexually assaulted, but they said it didn't take long for the truth to emerge.
"These investigators are very talented, and things weren't adding up right, and they pursued the leads and evidence which compiled together to get the right three people," said Casey.
Corder, Carmouche and Crutchfield have all been charged with conspiracy and attempted murder. They are behind bars with bail set at $1 million each. Corder's wife remains at an undisclosed hospital in stable condition.
los angeles news, robert holguin
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter