Los Angeles News
Water main break floods Long Beach streets
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- There was a big mess in Long Beach after a water main broke near Santa Fe Avenue and Willow Street on Wednesday night.
Fortunately for residents, only a gas station on the corner was affected. It did not have water Thursday morning.
Willow Street had to be closed in both directions while crews repaired the break. Two eastbound lanes will remain open during rush hour traffic, officials said. But the westbound section will be shut down for 24 hours.
flooding, water main break, los angeles news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 47 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine 42 min ago
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
55 min ago