Los Angeles News
LA-based model's accused stalker arrested
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 47-year-old Chicago man is under arrest, accused of sending threatening messages to a Los Angeles-based model.
According to the FBI, Luis Plascencia told Kourtney Reppert via email that he wanted her to die in an automobile accident, adding that he hoped that a large piece of glass would cut her throat.
"When you make a threat on the Internet, it's the same as walking up to someone with a gun. These are Federal laws and when you violate them, you will be arrested," said Laura Eimiller with the FBI.
Authorities say there were also threats targeted at her family and included information about the model's former residence in Valley Village. The FBI adds that the threats were prolific, sent not only on Facebook but also via Yahoo emails, from as many as 11 different addresses.
Investigators say they were all from Plascencia.
Reppert has a large online following, and Thursday morning she addressed the news on her Facebook page, telling followers that she is remaining positive throughout this stressful time.
Plascencia is scheduled to appear in a Chicago courtroom Friday. Federal prosecutors will request he be transported to Los Angeles to face charges.
If Plascencia is convicted, he could be sentenced to as many as five years in prison.
arrest, los angeles news, jovana lara
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 1 min ago
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP 15 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
45 min ago