Los Angeles News
'Teardrop Rapist' stirkes again in downtown LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police believe the so-called "Teardrop Rapist" has struck again, and he may be trying to change his appearance.
Detectives have linked the man to nearly three dozen assaults since 1996. He has one or more tattoos resembling teardrops below one of his eyes. Authorities say he may now have scarring on his face, indicating an attempt to remove the tattoo.
The suspect was believed to be a Hispanic male with a light complexion, about 40 years old, weighing between 140 and 200 pounds, standing between 5 feet 2 inches and 6 feet tall.
There is a $50,000 reward in the case.
Anyone with information should call (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
sex crimes, lapd, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 30 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)