Los Angeles News
Firefighters discover $6M worth of marijuana in Norwalk
NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters responding to a call about a stove-top fire in Norwalk ended up discovering more than a ton of marijuana with an estimated street value of more than $6 million.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said no one was inside the condo on Cheshire Street near Elaine Avenue when deputies and firefighters arrived shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday.
Once the fire on the stove was out, authorities said they noticed a large amount of marijuana in several rooms. In all, more than 2,000 pounds of large, packaged marijuana were recovered.
No arrests have been made.
marijuana, los angeles news
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA 48 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theatre 9 min ago
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home 53 min ago
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash 16 min ago
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1 billion deal
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Selena Gomez stuns at Billboard Awards