Los Angeles News
Firefighters discover $6M worth of marijuana in Norwalk
NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters responding to a call about a stove-top fire in Norwalk ended up discovering more than a ton of marijuana with an estimated street value of more than $6 million.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said no one was inside the condo on Cheshire Street near Elaine Avenue when deputies and firefighters arrived shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday.
Once the fire on the stove was out, authorities said they noticed a large amount of marijuana in several rooms. In all, more than 2,000 pounds of large, packaged marijuana were recovered.
No arrests have been made.
marijuana, los angeles news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 45 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 26 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken 33 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Local mountains get fresh blanket of snow
58 min ago
- Jeremy Renner discusses future roles
48 min ago