Los Angeles News
Firefighters discover $6M worth of marijuana in Norwalk
NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters responding to a call about a stove-top fire in Norwalk ended up discovering more than a ton of marijuana with an estimated street value of more than $6 million.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said no one was inside the condo on Cheshire Street near Elaine Avenue when deputies and firefighters arrived shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday.
Once the fire on the stove was out, authorities said they noticed a large amount of marijuana in several rooms. In all, more than 2,000 pounds of large, packaged marijuana were recovered.
No arrests have been made.
marijuana, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 20 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet 11 min ago
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2