Los Angeles News
Former Vernon official found dead in Northern California
VERNON, Calif. (KABC) -- The body of a former Vernon administrator has been found in Northern California on the same day a report was issued about a financial scandal in the city.
Authorities found Eric T. Fresch's body on Thursday floating in the water on Angel Island in the San Francisco Bay.
He was found just after the state auditor's office issued a report of the way Fresch and others managed Vernon.
The report criticized Vernon for failing to keep a close watch on its spending, including money it paid to Fresch.
Autopsy results on Fresch's body are pending.
body found, los angeles news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 41 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 5 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
58 min ago