Los Angeles News
Former Vernon official found dead in Northern California
VERNON, Calif. (KABC) -- The body of a former Vernon administrator has been found in Northern California on the same day a report was issued about a financial scandal in the city.
Authorities found Eric T. Fresch's body on Thursday floating in the water on Angel Island in the San Francisco Bay.
He was found just after the state auditor's office issued a report of the way Fresch and others managed Vernon.
The report criticized Vernon for failing to keep a close watch on its spending, including money it paid to Fresch.
Autopsy results on Fresch's body are pending.
body found, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 27 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 55 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 20 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Vigils held for 2 NorCal bus crash victims
4 min ago