Los Angeles News
Former Vernon official found dead in Northern California
VERNON, Calif. (KABC) -- The body of a former Vernon administrator has been found in Northern California on the same day a report was issued about a financial scandal in the city.
Authorities found Eric T. Fresch's body on Thursday floating in the water on Angel Island in the San Francisco Bay.
He was found just after the state auditor's office issued a report of the way Fresch and others managed Vernon.
The report criticized Vernon for failing to keep a close watch on its spending, including money it paid to Fresch.
Autopsy results on Fresch's body are pending.
body found, los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill