Los Angeles News
Former Vernon official found dead in Northern California
VERNON, Calif. (KABC) -- The body of a former Vernon administrator has been found in Northern California on the same day a report was issued about a financial scandal in the city.
Authorities found Eric T. Fresch's body on Thursday floating in the water on Angel Island in the San Francisco Bay.
He was found just after the state auditor's office issued a report of the way Fresch and others managed Vernon.
The report criticized Vernon for failing to keep a close watch on its spending, including money it paid to Fresch.
Autopsy results on Fresch's body are pending.
body found, los angeles news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 55 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate 12 min ago
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time 38 min ago
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says