Los Angeles News
Sherman Oaks restaurant worker shot, killed during fight
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is under way for suspects behind a shooting that left a man dead outside a Sherman Oaks restaurant.
The shooting happened at the Hoagies & Wings restaurant at Ventura Boulevard and Vesper Avenue at around 11 p.m. Friday.
Police say the victim, identified as 38-year-old Raul Lopez, was an employee who was shot and killed after he argued with a group of five customers. Investigators said they do not believe Lopez knew the men.
According to a witness, Lopez used a chair to try to force the men out of the restaurant. Investigators say Lopez was shot once in the chest. He was rushed to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 12:02 a.m.
Witnesses told police the suspects fled the scene in a dark-colored SUV.
The gunman was described as a black man in his late 20s or early 30s with a skinny build and short hair, about 5 feet 6 inches tall.
If you have any information about this shooting, you're asked to call Van Nuys homicide detectives at (818) 374-9500.
City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 12 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 55 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 53 min ago
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony 26 min ago
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)