Los Angeles News
Gang member points gun at officers in Pomona; suspect at large
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A reported gang member pointed a gun at officers, sparking a police shooting in Pomona.
Investigators say the suspect, identified as 19-year-old Sergio Ruvalcaba, got away after the confrontation Saturday night in the 600 block of Delrosa Place, where police were trying to arrest him for outstanding warrants.
When officers tried to contact Ruvalcaba, he jumped a fence and fled. At one point during the pursuit, police say Ruvalcaba brandished a gun and aimed it at the nearest officer. That officer fired at Ruvalcaba, who continued to flee. Despite an all-out search, Ruvalcaba remains on the run. It's unknown if he was hit by police gunfire.
No officers were injured. Investigators did not release Ruvalcaba's description.
If you have any information that could help investigators, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department at (909) 622-1241.
pomona, officer-involved shooting, gang activity, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Brush fire burning near Gorman 8 min ago
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Azusa cheerleader dies from rare lung cancer
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Photos: 'Modern Family' home selling for $2.35M
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)