Los Angeles News
Gang member points gun at officers in Pomona; suspect at large
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A reported gang member pointed a gun at officers, sparking a police shooting in Pomona.
Investigators say the suspect, identified as 19-year-old Sergio Ruvalcaba, got away after the confrontation Saturday night in the 600 block of Delrosa Place, where police were trying to arrest him for outstanding warrants.
When officers tried to contact Ruvalcaba, he jumped a fence and fled. At one point during the pursuit, police say Ruvalcaba brandished a gun and aimed it at the nearest officer. That officer fired at Ruvalcaba, who continued to flee. Despite an all-out search, Ruvalcaba remains on the run. It's unknown if he was hit by police gunfire.
No officers were injured. Investigators did not release Ruvalcaba's description.
If you have any information that could help investigators, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department at (909) 622-1241.
pomona, officer-involved shooting, gang activity, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 4 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)