Los Angeles News
Gang member points gun at officers in Pomona; suspect at large
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A reported gang member pointed a gun at officers, sparking a police shooting in Pomona.
Investigators say the suspect, identified as 19-year-old Sergio Ruvalcaba, got away after the confrontation Saturday night in the 600 block of Delrosa Place, where police were trying to arrest him for outstanding warrants.
When officers tried to contact Ruvalcaba, he jumped a fence and fled. At one point during the pursuit, police say Ruvalcaba brandished a gun and aimed it at the nearest officer. That officer fired at Ruvalcaba, who continued to flee. Despite an all-out search, Ruvalcaba remains on the run. It's unknown if he was hit by police gunfire.
No officers were injured. Investigators did not release Ruvalcaba's description.
If you have any information that could help investigators, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department at (909) 622-1241.
pomona, officer-involved shooting, gang activity, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 8 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy
- Obama speaks at Brandenburg Gate in Germany
43 min ago