Los Angeles News
Gang member points gun at officers in Pomona; suspect at large
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A reported gang member pointed a gun at officers, sparking a police shooting in Pomona.
Investigators say the suspect, identified as 19-year-old Sergio Ruvalcaba, got away after the confrontation Saturday night in the 600 block of Delrosa Place, where police were trying to arrest him for outstanding warrants.
When officers tried to contact Ruvalcaba, he jumped a fence and fled. At one point during the pursuit, police say Ruvalcaba brandished a gun and aimed it at the nearest officer. That officer fired at Ruvalcaba, who continued to flee. Despite an all-out search, Ruvalcaba remains on the run. It's unknown if he was hit by police gunfire.
No officers were injured. Investigators did not release Ruvalcaba's description.
If you have any information that could help investigators, you're urged to contact the Pomona Police Department at (909) 622-1241.
pomona, officer-involved shooting, gang activity, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 21 min ago
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family 20 min ago
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
9 min ago