Los Angeles News
2 shot at Compton party, 1 by sheriff's deputy
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot dead early Sunday at a party in Compton, and a responding sheriff's deputy allegedly encountered a man with a gun and shot and wounded him, sheriff's officials said.
Responding for the second time to calls about a "loud" party being held in the parking lot of a business in the 500 block of Long Beach Boulevard, a deputy arrived about 2:30 a.m. and heard gunshots, looked inside the party and saw a man holding a handgun, according to a department statement.
The deputy fired at the armed man and struck him. Paramedics rushed the man to a hospital, where his medical condition was not disclosed.
Sheriff's deputies also discovered another person with a gunshot wound inside the party. It was not immediately who shot him. Paramedics transported the man to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead. His identity has not been released.
Any information on the shooting was asked to call the Crime Stoppers tip line at (800) 222-TIPS.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report