Los Angeles News
2 shot at Compton party, 1 by sheriff's deputy
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot dead early Sunday at a party in Compton, and a responding sheriff's deputy allegedly encountered a man with a gun and shot and wounded him, sheriff's officials said.
Responding for the second time to calls about a "loud" party being held in the parking lot of a business in the 500 block of Long Beach Boulevard, a deputy arrived about 2:30 a.m. and heard gunshots, looked inside the party and saw a man holding a handgun, according to a department statement.
The deputy fired at the armed man and struck him. Paramedics rushed the man to a hospital, where his medical condition was not disclosed.
Sheriff's deputies also discovered another person with a gunshot wound inside the party. It was not immediately who shot him. Paramedics transported the man to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead. His identity has not been released.
Any information on the shooting was asked to call the Crime Stoppers tip line at (800) 222-TIPS.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- London attack: Suspect's friend questioned
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Will Smith reunites with 'Fresh Prince' stars 50 min ago