Los Angeles News
2 shot at Compton party, 1 by sheriff's deputy
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot dead early Sunday at a party in Compton, and a responding sheriff's deputy allegedly encountered a man with a gun and shot and wounded him, sheriff's officials said.
Responding for the second time to calls about a "loud" party being held in the parking lot of a business in the 500 block of Long Beach Boulevard, a deputy arrived about 2:30 a.m. and heard gunshots, looked inside the party and saw a man holding a handgun, according to a department statement.
The deputy fired at the armed man and struck him. Paramedics rushed the man to a hospital, where his medical condition was not disclosed.
Sheriff's deputies also discovered another person with a gunshot wound inside the party. It was not immediately who shot him. Paramedics transported the man to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead. His identity has not been released.
Any information on the shooting was asked to call the Crime Stoppers tip line at (800) 222-TIPS.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting 22 min ago
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 54 min ago
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple 36 min ago
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate