Los Angeles News
2 shot at Compton party, 1 by sheriff's deputy
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot dead early Sunday at a party in Compton, and a responding sheriff's deputy allegedly encountered a man with a gun and shot and wounded him, sheriff's officials said.
Responding for the second time to calls about a "loud" party being held in the parking lot of a business in the 500 block of Long Beach Boulevard, a deputy arrived about 2:30 a.m. and heard gunshots, looked inside the party and saw a man holding a handgun, according to a department statement.
The deputy fired at the armed man and struck him. Paramedics rushed the man to a hospital, where his medical condition was not disclosed.
Sheriff's deputies also discovered another person with a gunshot wound inside the party. It was not immediately who shot him. Paramedics transported the man to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead. His identity has not been released.
Any information on the shooting was asked to call the Crime Stoppers tip line at (800) 222-TIPS.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino 12 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles 39 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County 1 min ago
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 5 min ago
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 7 min ago
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
41 min ago