Los Angeles News
2 shot at Compton party, 1 by sheriff's deputy
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was shot dead early Sunday at a party in Compton, and a responding sheriff's deputy allegedly encountered a man with a gun and shot and wounded him, sheriff's officials said.
Responding for the second time to calls about a "loud" party being held in the parking lot of a business in the 500 block of Long Beach Boulevard, a deputy arrived about 2:30 a.m. and heard gunshots, looked inside the party and saw a man holding a handgun, according to a department statement.
The deputy fired at the armed man and struck him. Paramedics rushed the man to a hospital, where his medical condition was not disclosed.
Sheriff's deputies also discovered another person with a gunshot wound inside the party. It was not immediately who shot him. Paramedics transported the man to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead. His identity has not been released.
Any information on the shooting was asked to call the Crime Stoppers tip line at (800) 222-TIPS.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested