Los Angeles News
Man's body found by hikers in Angeles National Forest
ANGELES NATIONAL FOREST (KABC) -- Authorities are trying to identify the body of a man found in the Angeles National Forest over the weekend.
The gruesome discovery was made by some hikers on Saturday around 6:30 p.m. near the base of a waterfall at Vasquez Creek in Big Tujunga Canyon.
Due to the darkness, search and rescue teams couldn't get to the body until Sunday. It was airlifted from the site and taken to the coroner's office, which is working to identify the victim.
angeles national forest, body found, los angeles news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court 28 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe 46 min ago
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending 55 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film