Los Angeles News
Man's body found by hikers in Angeles National Forest
ANGELES NATIONAL FOREST (KABC) -- Authorities are trying to identify the body of a man found in the Angeles National Forest over the weekend.
The gruesome discovery was made by some hikers on Saturday around 6:30 p.m. near the base of a waterfall at Vasquez Creek in Big Tujunga Canyon.
Due to the darkness, search and rescue teams couldn't get to the body until Sunday. It was airlifted from the site and taken to the coroner's office, which is working to identify the victim.
angeles national forest, body found, los angeles news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison