Los Angeles News
Bee swarm hospitalizes 3, closes Huntington Park recreation area
HUNTINGTON PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Huntington Park recreation area remained closed Monday morning after swarms of bees sent three people to the hospital.
Police estimate 60,000 bees left a hive then clouded the air around Robert Keller Park on Saturday. Three people went to the hospital with stings. One person was stung more than a dozen times.
The hive has been removed, but the park will stay closed until it is deemed safe.
los angeles news
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case 8 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten 5 min ago
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised