Los Angeles News
Body found near railroad tracks in Vernon
VERNON, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating after a body was found near railroad tracks in the city of Vernon on Monday.
The body, identified only as a 24-year-old female adult, was discovered near Fruitland and Corona avenues at about 7:30 a.m. She had a penetrating wound to her head.
Police say the body does not appear to have been struck by a train. The tracks are used for deliveries only and are not that heavily traveled, police added.
Detectives are investigating the incident as a homicide.
body found, los angeles news
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4.4-magnitude earthquake strikes LA area 1 min ago
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians