Los Angeles News
Body found near railroad tracks in Vernon
VERNON, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are investigating after a body was found near railroad tracks in the city of Vernon on Monday.
The body, identified only as a 24-year-old female adult, was discovered near Fruitland and Corona avenues at about 7:30 a.m. She had a penetrating wound to her head.
Police say the body does not appear to have been struck by a train. The tracks are used for deliveries only and are not that heavily traveled, police added.
Detectives are investigating the incident as a homicide.
body found, los angeles news
- Multiple arrests in bank robbery, kidnapping 41 min ago
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 44 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater 29 min ago
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- United's 787 Dreamliners back in service
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013