Los Angeles News
Runner breaks 24-hour record in Hermosa event
HERMOSA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Ultra-marathon runner Patrick Sweeney broke his own world record during the Hermosa 24 race in Hermosa Beach Sunday.
Competitors ran for 24 hours in the sand between the Hermosa Beach Pier and the Manhattan Beach Pier.
Sweeney logged more than 94 miles, beating last year's record of just over 87 miles.
Money raised from the marathon benefits schools in Hermosa Beach and other areas.
south bay, los angeles news
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold front moving across Southern California 15 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film