Los Angeles News
Runner breaks 24-hour record in Hermosa event
HERMOSA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Ultra-marathon runner Patrick Sweeney broke his own world record during the Hermosa 24 race in Hermosa Beach Sunday.
Competitors ran for 24 hours in the sand between the Hermosa Beach Pier and the Manhattan Beach Pier.
Sweeney logged more than 94 miles, beating last year's record of just over 87 miles.
Money raised from the marathon benefits schools in Hermosa Beach and other areas.
south bay, los angeles news
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic 14 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021 39 min ago
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
45 min ago