Los Angeles News
Runner breaks 24-hour record in Hermosa event
HERMOSA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Ultra-marathon runner Patrick Sweeney broke his own world record during the Hermosa 24 race in Hermosa Beach Sunday.
Competitors ran for 24 hours in the sand between the Hermosa Beach Pier and the Manhattan Beach Pier.
Sweeney logged more than 94 miles, beating last year's record of just over 87 miles.
Money raised from the marathon benefits schools in Hermosa Beach and other areas.
south bay, los angeles news
- Funeral service underway for LAPD Officer Lee 2 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia plane search widens into Andaman Sea 35 min ago
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini