Los Angeles News
LA passes ordinance to raise parking fines
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles City Council passed an ordinance raising parking fines by $5 on Tuesday.
The increase brings most fines to $58. Late penalties increase by $10, bringing most of those fines to $136. Second late penalty fines also increase by $10, raising most fines to $141.
The ordinance is part of Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's budget to deal with the city's deficit. He plans to hire 50 more part-time parking enforcement officers to enforce the ordinance.
los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 35 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault 4 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again
- Aug. trial set for Ohio man in kidnap case
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- Baby bath seats recalled due to drowning fear
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices...
3 min ago