Los Angeles News
LA passes ordinance to raise parking fines
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles City Council passed an ordinance raising parking fines by $5 on Tuesday.
The increase brings most fines to $58. Late penalties increase by $10, bringing most of those fines to $136. Second late penalty fines also increase by $10, raising most fines to $141.
The ordinance is part of Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's budget to deal with the city's deficit. He plans to hire 50 more part-time parking enforcement officers to enforce the ordinance.
los angeles news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 1 min ago
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case 58 min ago
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 18 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 6 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts