Los Angeles News
John Bryson won't be charged in crashes, DA says
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles District Attorney will not charge ex-Commerce Secretary John Bryson in the two auto collisions he was involved in last month.
Evidence was presented by San Gabriel police to county prosecutors Monday and the D.A.'s decision came Tuesday.
Authorities found the 68-year-old unconscious behind the wheel of his Lexus June 9 after they say he hit one car in San Gabriel and another minutes later in Rosemead. White House officials say Bryson suffered a seizure. He was cited with felony hit and run.
Bryson resigned from his position as U.S. Commerce Secretary nearly two weeks following the crashes after taking medical leave. Upon resigning, he told President Obama he did not want his condition to be a distraction from his job.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
accident, hit and run, san gabriel valley, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls 58 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements 12 min ago
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10