Los Angeles News
Illegal fireworks get Downey couple arrested
DOWNEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A Downey couple has been arrested, accused of trying to sell illegal fireworks out of their home.
Authorities got a search warrant after they say they saw several people stop by the Samoline Avenue home to buy illegal fireworks.
Investigators started surveillance on the home because of what they found on the Internet.
"Initially, we found it on Craigslist. Made a phone call, said we wanted to buy some fireworks. The Internet's a fine tool for both sides," said Capt. Dan Demeyer with the Los Angeles County Fire Department.
The couple faces five years in prison and $50,000 in fines.
Police made another bust in Compton, where more than 6,500 pounds of illegal fireworks were seized from a makeshift stand in the garage of a home in the 1100 block of Pine Street.
Two men have been arrested in connection with the incident.
arrest, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter