Los Angeles News
Americafest fireworks wow crowd at Rose Bowl
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Americafest, the annual fireworks show at the Rose Bowl, is the largest in Southern California. It is also, without question, a crowd pleaser.
"This is really cool. I live in Alabama and in most places we're not allowed to have fireworks so this is really amazing," said young Rose Bowl goer Jasmine Swanson of Huntsville, Ala.
Families camped on the grounds surrounding the stadium for hours to enjoy the sights and sounds of the 86-year-old tradition. Many brought along cameras and iPads to record the spectacular light show.
Many say it was the perfect ending to the Independence Day celebration.
"It really made you remember why we love being Americans, which I think is the most important part, and remembering the troops, so that we remember that there are people out there fighting for our freedoms," said Eric Walsh of Pasadena.
holiday, los angeles news, amy powell
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 55 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants