Los Angeles News
Fireworks fire displaces 15 people in Compton
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Fifteen people were displaced from their home after a fire started by fireworks broke out in their garage in Compton.
The blaze broke out in an attached garage about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday on the 100 block of Bennett Street. The fire was knocked down in about 45 minutes.
The fire caused $30,000 in damage to the home, which has been red-tagged. No injuries were reported.
The Red Cross is helping the family with temporary housing.
fire, los angeles news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 26 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 42 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 22 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 37 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2