Los Angeles News
Inglewood pastor arrested on child sex abuse charges
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A local pastor has been arrested on child sex abuse charges. Authorities say he met the alleged victim at church.
Gordon Solomon, 50, was arrested Wednesday for felony lewd acts on a child. Police said the alleged victim is a 14-year-old girl who Solomon met through Christ Community Church, and relatives said the girl was 12 when the abuse began.
"The case was discovered after the mother reported the incident to authorities," said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Dep. Benjamin Grubb. "Apparently she found text messages on her daughter's phone regarding her and the suspect."
Investigators said Solomon and the girl exchanged numerous emails and texts of a sexual nature and met at various locations.
Gordon was in jail Thursday night and was held on $3 million bail. He is set to be arraigned Friday.
Investigators said they have reason to believe there may be other victims. Anyone with information should call the Los Angeles Police Department Special Victims Bureau at (877) 710-5273.
sex crimes, los angeles news, amy powell
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 18 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 6 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months