Los Angeles News
Inglewood pastor arrested on child sex abuse charges
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A local pastor has been arrested on child sex abuse charges. Authorities say he met the alleged victim at church.
Gordon Solomon, 50, was arrested Wednesday for felony lewd acts on a child. Police said the alleged victim is a 14-year-old girl who Solomon met through Christ Community Church, and relatives said the girl was 12 when the abuse began.
"The case was discovered after the mother reported the incident to authorities," said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Dep. Benjamin Grubb. "Apparently she found text messages on her daughter's phone regarding her and the suspect."
Investigators said Solomon and the girl exchanged numerous emails and texts of a sexual nature and met at various locations.
Gordon was in jail Thursday night and was held on $3 million bail. He is set to be arraigned Friday.
Investigators said they have reason to believe there may be other victims. Anyone with information should call the Los Angeles Police Department Special Victims Bureau at (877) 710-5273.
sex crimes, los angeles news, amy powell
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Greuel, Garcetti meet with LA churchgoers
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theatre 4 min ago
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- 6.5-mag quake hits coast of Chile; No tsunami 43 min ago
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff 58 min ago
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1 billion deal
- Intermittent fasting diets: Experts weigh in 27 min ago
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
34 min ago