Los Angeles News
Inglewood pastor arrested on child sex abuse charges
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A local pastor has been arrested on child sex abuse charges. Authorities say he met the alleged victim at church.
Gordon Solomon, 50, was arrested Wednesday for felony lewd acts on a child. Police said the alleged victim is a 14-year-old girl who Solomon met through Christ Community Church, and relatives said the girl was 12 when the abuse began.
"The case was discovered after the mother reported the incident to authorities," said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Dep. Benjamin Grubb. "Apparently she found text messages on her daughter's phone regarding her and the suspect."
Investigators said Solomon and the girl exchanged numerous emails and texts of a sexual nature and met at various locations.
Gordon was in jail Thursday night and was held on $3 million bail. He is set to be arraigned Friday.
Investigators said they have reason to believe there may be other victims. Anyone with information should call the Los Angeles Police Department Special Victims Bureau at (877) 710-5273.
sex crimes, los angeles news, amy powell
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle 19 min ago
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching 25 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame 50 min ago
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis