Los Angeles News
Inglewood pastor arrested on child sex abuse charges
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A local pastor has been arrested on child sex abuse charges. Authorities say he met the alleged victim at church.
Gordon Solomon, 50, was arrested Wednesday for felony lewd acts on a child. Police said the alleged victim is a 14-year-old girl who Solomon met through Christ Community Church, and relatives said the girl was 12 when the abuse began.
"The case was discovered after the mother reported the incident to authorities," said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Dep. Benjamin Grubb. "Apparently she found text messages on her daughter's phone regarding her and the suspect."
Investigators said Solomon and the girl exchanged numerous emails and texts of a sexual nature and met at various locations.
Gordon was in jail Thursday night and was held on $3 million bail. He is set to be arraigned Friday.
Investigators said they have reason to believe there may be other victims. Anyone with information should call the Los Angeles Police Department Special Victims Bureau at (877) 710-5273.
sex crimes, los angeles news, amy powell
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 18 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 34 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 14 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 29 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2