Los Angeles News
Inglewood pastor arrested on child sex abuse charges
INGLEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- A local pastor has been arrested on child sex abuse charges. Authorities say he met the alleged victim at church.
Gordon Solomon, 50, was arrested Wednesday for felony lewd acts on a child. Police said the alleged victim is a 14-year-old girl who Solomon met through Christ Community Church, and relatives said the girl was 12 when the abuse began.
"The case was discovered after the mother reported the incident to authorities," said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Dep. Benjamin Grubb. "Apparently she found text messages on her daughter's phone regarding her and the suspect."
Investigators said Solomon and the girl exchanged numerous emails and texts of a sexual nature and met at various locations.
Gordon was in jail Thursday night and was held on $3 million bail. He is set to be arraigned Friday.
Investigators said they have reason to believe there may be other victims. Anyone with information should call the Los Angeles Police Department Special Victims Bureau at (877) 710-5273.
sex crimes, los angeles news, amy powell
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster 10 min ago
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior 31 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour