Los Angeles News
Missing studio executive Gavin Smith: Fliers handed out in Sylmar
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Family and friends of a missing 20th Century Fox executive are hoping a search in Sylmar will bring them the answers they are seeking.
Gavin Smith hasn't been seen since leaving a friend's home in Ventura County on May 1. He worked in distribution at 20th Century Fox, but he never called work and hasn't reported to work in over two months.
"We're miserable, every day feels like 72 hours," said Lisa Smith, Gavin Smith's wife. "My husband would never abandon his children or me."
Acting on information from L.A. County sheriff's investigators, a group of Smith's family and volunteers from their church handed out fliers with his picture and a picture of his car in the area of Encinitas Avenue and Roxford Street. It's an area where Smith was believed to have last used his cellphone.
The sheriff's department says there's no reason to suspect foul play, but it has not been ruled out.
Smith's family is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to his whereabouts.
Last month, authorities searched a home in the 8600 block of Santa Susana Place in Canoga Park, but it was unclear if any evidence of Smith's whereabouts was found in the house.
Smith is described as a 57-year-old white man standing 6 feet 6 inches tall, with graying blond hair and green eyes. Police believe he is driving a black 2000 Mercedes-Benz 420E with tinted windows and a roof rack, with California license plate number 6EKT044.
Anyone with more information on his location was asked to call detectives at (323) 890-5500, or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
missing person, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student 44 min ago
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)