Los Angeles News
Missing studio executive Gavin Smith: Fliers handed out in Sylmar
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Family and friends of a missing 20th Century Fox executive are hoping a search in Sylmar will bring them the answers they are seeking.
Gavin Smith hasn't been seen since leaving a friend's home in Ventura County on May 1. He worked in distribution at 20th Century Fox, but he never called work and hasn't reported to work in over two months.
"We're miserable, every day feels like 72 hours," said Lisa Smith, Gavin Smith's wife. "My husband would never abandon his children or me."
Acting on information from L.A. County sheriff's investigators, a group of Smith's family and volunteers from their church handed out fliers with his picture and a picture of his car in the area of Encinitas Avenue and Roxford Street. It's an area where Smith was believed to have last used his cellphone.
The sheriff's department says there's no reason to suspect foul play, but it has not been ruled out.
Smith's family is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to his whereabouts.
Last month, authorities searched a home in the 8600 block of Santa Susana Place in Canoga Park, but it was unclear if any evidence of Smith's whereabouts was found in the house.
Smith is described as a 57-year-old white man standing 6 feet 6 inches tall, with graying blond hair and green eyes. Police believe he is driving a black 2000 Mercedes-Benz 420E with tinted windows and a roof rack, with California license plate number 6EKT044.
Anyone with more information on his location was asked to call detectives at (323) 890-5500, or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
missing person, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs 10 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones 5 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)