Los Angeles News
July 4 DUI crackdown in Los Angeles County: 1,000+ arrests made
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 10-day DUI crackdown in Los Angeles County put nearly 1,200 people in jail.
The Avoid the 100 Los Angeles County DUI Campaign was launched around the Fourth of July holiday period.
Law enforcement agencies set up 21 sobriety and driver's license checkpoints and 58 DUI saturation patrols.
With the Fourth of July falling on a Wednesday, authorities covered the weekends before and after the holiday to take drunk drivers off the roads and keep everyone safe.
dui, holiday, los angeles news
- London attack victim was a serving soldier
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest 35 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days 49 min ago
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Teen birth rate: Nearly all states see drop
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised