Los Angeles News
July 4 DUI crackdown in Los Angeles County: 1,000+ arrests made
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 10-day DUI crackdown in Los Angeles County put nearly 1,200 people in jail.
The Avoid the 100 Los Angeles County DUI Campaign was launched around the Fourth of July holiday period.
Law enforcement agencies set up 21 sobriety and driver's license checkpoints and 58 DUI saturation patrols.
With the Fourth of July falling on a Wednesday, authorities covered the weekends before and after the holiday to take drunk drivers off the roads and keep everyone safe.
dui, holiday, los angeles news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Inmate escapes jail a day after sentencing 13 min ago
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence 28 min ago
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says