Los Angeles News
July 4 DUI crackdown in Los Angeles County: 1,000+ arrests made
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 10-day DUI crackdown in Los Angeles County put nearly 1,200 people in jail.
The Avoid the 100 Los Angeles County DUI Campaign was launched around the Fourth of July holiday period.
Law enforcement agencies set up 21 sobriety and driver's license checkpoints and 58 DUI saturation patrols.
With the Fourth of July falling on a Wednesday, authorities covered the weekends before and after the holiday to take drunk drivers off the roads and keep everyone safe.
dui, holiday, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 48 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 39 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 44 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
37 min ago