Los Angeles News
July 4 DUI crackdown in Los Angeles County: 1,000+ arrests made
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 10-day DUI crackdown in Los Angeles County put nearly 1,200 people in jail.
The Avoid the 100 Los Angeles County DUI Campaign was launched around the Fourth of July holiday period.
Law enforcement agencies set up 21 sobriety and driver's license checkpoints and 58 DUI saturation patrols.
With the Fourth of July falling on a Wednesday, authorities covered the weekends before and after the holiday to take drunk drivers off the roads and keep everyone safe.
dui, holiday, los angeles news
- Boston Marathon runners show resilience 7 min ago
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill
- Viewing to be held for LA police officer 8 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead 59 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
40 min ago