Los Angeles News
Santa Clarita teen escapes attempted kidnap
SANTA CLARITA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man who reportedly tried to kidnap a Santa Clarita teenager is on the run, and authorities are trying to track him down.
The 17-year-old girl was waiting to be picked up from Valencia High School on Monday near North Dickason Drive and Newhall Ranch Road, when she says the man grabbed her.
The suspect is described as 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 250 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and acne scars.
Authorities say the girl was able to break free and hide behind a nearby building. The suspect took off in an early 1990s Toyota pick-up. The car was described as red with heavily tinted windows and the word "Toyota" written in white letters across the tailgate.
If you have any information that can help investigators, you're urged to call the Santa Clarita Sheriff's Department at (661) 799-5141.
kidnap, los angeles news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison