Los Angeles News
Santa Clarita teen escapes attempted kidnap
SANTA CLARITA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man who reportedly tried to kidnap a Santa Clarita teenager is on the run, and authorities are trying to track him down.
The 17-year-old girl was waiting to be picked up from Valencia High School on Monday near North Dickason Drive and Newhall Ranch Road, when she says the man grabbed her.
The suspect is described as 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 250 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and acne scars.
Authorities say the girl was able to break free and hide behind a nearby building. The suspect took off in an early 1990s Toyota pick-up. The car was described as red with heavily tinted windows and the word "Toyota" written in white letters across the tailgate.
If you have any information that can help investigators, you're urged to call the Santa Clarita Sheriff's Department at (661) 799-5141.
kidnap, los angeles news
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 16 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians