Los Angeles News
Santa Clarita teen escapes attempted kidnap
SANTA CLARITA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man who reportedly tried to kidnap a Santa Clarita teenager is on the run, and authorities are trying to track him down.
The 17-year-old girl was waiting to be picked up from Valencia High School on Monday near North Dickason Drive and Newhall Ranch Road, when she says the man grabbed her.
The suspect is described as 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 250 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and acne scars.
Authorities say the girl was able to break free and hide behind a nearby building. The suspect took off in an early 1990s Toyota pick-up. The car was described as red with heavily tinted windows and the word "Toyota" written in white letters across the tailgate.
If you have any information that can help investigators, you're urged to call the Santa Clarita Sheriff's Department at (661) 799-5141.
kidnap, los angeles news
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies 3 min ago
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 58 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim 4 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 2 min ago
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned 15 min ago
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled 32 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products 22 min ago
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers 55 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)