Los Angeles News
Santa Clarita teen escapes attempted kidnap
SANTA CLARITA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man who reportedly tried to kidnap a Santa Clarita teenager is on the run, and authorities are trying to track him down.
The 17-year-old girl was waiting to be picked up from Valencia High School on Monday near North Dickason Drive and Newhall Ranch Road, when she says the man grabbed her.
The suspect is described as 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing 250 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and acne scars.
Authorities say the girl was able to break free and hide behind a nearby building. The suspect took off in an early 1990s Toyota pick-up. The car was described as red with heavily tinted windows and the word "Toyota" written in white letters across the tailgate.
If you have any information that can help investigators, you're urged to call the Santa Clarita Sheriff's Department at (661) 799-5141.
kidnap, los angeles news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)