Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach police officer injured in car crash
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- An officer-involved crash shut down a major road in Manhattan Beach.
A Manhattan Beach police patrol car and an SUV collided late Wednesday night at 9th Street and Sepulveda Boulevard.
The officer was rushed to the hospital. Officials said he was in stable condition and is expected to make a full recovery. The woman in the SUV was not seriously hurt.
The cruiser was traveling northbound on Sepulveda Boulevard, heading to a priority one emergency when it sideswiped the SUV, according to authorities. They did not say what the emergency was.
One witness at the scene said the cruiser was going so fast that it sounded like a pursuit.
"We had a lot of fast vehicles going down and we heard a huge boom," he said.
All lanes of Sepulveda Boulevard from Manhattan Beach Boulevard to 2nd Street were expected to be shut down until about 10 a.m.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
car crash, los angeles news, q mccray
- London attack victim was a serving soldier
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest 42 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days 56 min ago
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Teen birth rate: Nearly all states see drop
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life 1 min ago
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised