Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach police officer injured in car crash
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- An officer-involved crash shut down a major road in Manhattan Beach.
A Manhattan Beach police patrol car and an SUV collided late Wednesday night at 9th Street and Sepulveda Boulevard.
The officer was rushed to the hospital. Officials said he was in stable condition and is expected to make a full recovery. The woman in the SUV was not seriously hurt.
The cruiser was traveling northbound on Sepulveda Boulevard, heading to a priority one emergency when it sideswiped the SUV, according to authorities. They did not say what the emergency was.
One witness at the scene said the cruiser was going so fast that it sounded like a pursuit.
"We had a lot of fast vehicles going down and we heard a huge boom," he said.
All lanes of Sepulveda Boulevard from Manhattan Beach Boulevard to 2nd Street were expected to be shut down until about 10 a.m.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
car crash, los angeles news, q mccray
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US 36 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 38 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 53 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling 25 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 18 min ago