Los Angeles News
Santa Monica to restrict smoking in residences
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Santa Monica City Council has given preliminary approval to a law placing more restrictions on smoking.
Under the proposed ordinance, all new apartments and condos would be deemed as non-smoking.
Meantime, existing residents would be required to designate their apartments or condos as either smoking or non-smoking.
The ordinance would also designate a date, after which every unit in Santa Monica would be declared non-smoking.
The law will go up for a second reading. There is no word though on when that will be.
santa monica, los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran 48 min ago
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees 1 min ago
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
59 min ago