Los Angeles News
Santa Monica to restrict smoking in residences
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Santa Monica City Council has given preliminary approval to a law placing more restrictions on smoking.
Under the proposed ordinance, all new apartments and condos would be deemed as non-smoking.
Meantime, existing residents would be required to designate their apartments or condos as either smoking or non-smoking.
The ordinance would also designate a date, after which every unit in Santa Monica would be declared non-smoking.
The law will go up for a second reading. There is no word though on when that will be.
santa monica, los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking 33 min ago
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries 28 min ago
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers 48 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured 16 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6' 50 min ago
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill