Los Angeles News
Torrance mother backing out of driveway kills son
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-month-old died on Wednesday after a terrible accident in Torrance. It's another reminder for parents to be careful when backing out of the driveway.
Police say a mother accidentally backed over and killed her son. She had just backed the car up a few feet so she could sweep out the garage when the toddler was struck.
According to the Torrance Daily Breeze, the woman immediately rushed the boy to a local hospital, but it was too late. The boy was pronounced dead at the hospital.
No charges are being filed in the little boy's death. Police say this is just a tragic accident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
accident, south bay, los angeles news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 6 min ago
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later 39 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break