Los Angeles News
Torrance mother backing out of driveway kills son
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-month-old died on Wednesday after a terrible accident in Torrance. It's another reminder for parents to be careful when backing out of the driveway.
Police say a mother accidentally backed over and killed her son. She had just backed the car up a few feet so she could sweep out the garage when the toddler was struck.
According to the Torrance Daily Breeze, the woman immediately rushed the boy to a local hospital, but it was too late. The boy was pronounced dead at the hospital.
No charges are being filed in the little boy's death. Police say this is just a tragic accident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
accident, south bay, los angeles news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors