Los Angeles News
Torrance mother backing out of driveway kills son
TORRANCE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-month-old died on Wednesday after a terrible accident in Torrance. It's another reminder for parents to be careful when backing out of the driveway.
Police say a mother accidentally backed over and killed her son. She had just backed the car up a few feet so she could sweep out the garage when the toddler was struck.
According to the Torrance Daily Breeze, the woman immediately rushed the boy to a local hospital, but it was too late. The boy was pronounced dead at the hospital.
No charges are being filed in the little boy's death. Police say this is just a tragic accident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
accident, south bay, los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill
- Toronto mayor denies crack cocaine video
53 min ago