Los Angeles News
Sherman Oaks cook murder: Family, restaurant set up memorial fund
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A memorial fund has been set up in honor of a Sherman Oaks restaurant cook who was murdered last month.
Raul Lopez, 38, was shot and killed June 30 after getting into an argument with a group of rowdy men at Hoagies & Wings, where Lopez worked. Detectives say Lopez was trying to shoo the group of five men out of the store using a chair, when one of the men shot Lopez in the chest. He died a short time later at an area hospital.
Lopez's family members and Hoagies & Wings have set up a memorial fund for the slain father of five. The restaurant said it will provide donation boxes at the Sherman Oaks (14552 Ventura Blvd.) and La Cienega Boulevard (1544 S. La Cienega Blvd.) locations.
The restaurant will also be donating 10 percent of all online orders placed on its website from the Sherman Oaks location through July to Lopez's family.
Meantime, investigators are still searching for Lopez's killer. The gunman was described as a black man in his late 20s or early 30s with a skinny build and short hair, about 5 feet 6 inches to 6 feet tall.
If you have any information that can help authorities, you're urged to call Van Nuys homicide detectives at (818) 374-9500.
shooting, los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery 42 min ago
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying 7 min ago
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Man walks tightrope at Austria cathedral
33 min ago