Los Angeles News
Sherman Oaks cook murder: Family, restaurant set up memorial fund
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A memorial fund has been set up in honor of a Sherman Oaks restaurant cook who was murdered last month.
Raul Lopez, 38, was shot and killed June 30 after getting into an argument with a group of rowdy men at Hoagies & Wings, where Lopez worked. Detectives say Lopez was trying to shoo the group of five men out of the store using a chair, when one of the men shot Lopez in the chest. He died a short time later at an area hospital.
Lopez's family members and Hoagies & Wings have set up a memorial fund for the slain father of five. The restaurant said it will provide donation boxes at the Sherman Oaks (14552 Ventura Blvd.) and La Cienega Boulevard (1544 S. La Cienega Blvd.) locations.
The restaurant will also be donating 10 percent of all online orders placed on its website from the Sherman Oaks location through July to Lopez's family.
Meantime, investigators are still searching for Lopez's killer. The gunman was described as a black man in his late 20s or early 30s with a skinny build and short hair, about 5 feet 6 inches to 6 feet tall.
If you have any information that can help authorities, you're urged to call Van Nuys homicide detectives at (818) 374-9500.
shooting, los angeles news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 56 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor 46 min ago
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the 70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present 46 min ago
- Holiday heart attack triggers to be aware of
58 min ago