Los Angeles News
Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run crash near Koreatown
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A pedestrian was struck and killed near Koreatown, and a search is under way for the hit-and-run driver.
Los Angeles police officers were called to the scene at about 11:20 p.m. Saturday at Olympic Boulevard and Norton Avenue. The victim, 42-year-old Dough Harden, was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Harden's girlfriend, Mary Jane Rempola, said they were waiting for takeout at a restaurant when he decided to run across the street to check his lottery tickets. Investigators said Harden was not in a crosswalk when the crash occurred.
Rempola said several vehicles stopped for Harden, but an SUV came around on the outside lane and struck him.
Authorities are looking for a black SUV with front-end damage and a missing side-view mirror, which was left at the crime scene. Investigators say they will review surveillance footage from surrounding businesses to track down the suspect.
"Coward, complete coward, and I hope that whoever is responsible has the conscience and guilt to come forward and not have to be hunted down," said Harden's sister, Suzanne Salgado.
Investigators are looking into surveillance video taken in the area.
If you have any information about this incident, you're asked to call police at (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
koreatown, hit and run, car crash, lapd, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- NASA astronauts begin spacewalking repairs
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt 5 min ago
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)