Los Angeles News
Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run crash near Koreatown
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A pedestrian was struck and killed near Koreatown, and a search is under way for the hit-and-run driver.
Los Angeles police officers were called to the scene at about 11:20 p.m. Saturday at Olympic Boulevard and Norton Avenue. The victim, 42-year-old Dough Harden, was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Harden's girlfriend, Mary Jane Rempola, said they were waiting for takeout at a restaurant when he decided to run across the street to check his lottery tickets. Investigators said Harden was not in a crosswalk when the crash occurred.
Rempola said several vehicles stopped for Harden, but an SUV came around on the outside lane and struck him.
Authorities are looking for a black SUV with front-end damage and a missing side-view mirror, which was left at the crime scene. Investigators say they will review surveillance footage from surrounding businesses to track down the suspect.
"Coward, complete coward, and I hope that whoever is responsible has the conscience and guilt to come forward and not have to be hunted down," said Harden's sister, Suzanne Salgado.
Investigators are looking into surveillance video taken in the area.
If you have any information about this incident, you're asked to call police at (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
koreatown, hit and run, car crash, lapd, los angeles news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking 25 min ago
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries 20 min ago
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers 40 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured 8 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6' 42 min ago
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill