Los Angeles News
Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run crash near Koreatown
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A pedestrian was struck and killed near Koreatown, and a search is under way for the hit-and-run driver.
Los Angeles police officers were called to the scene at about 11:20 p.m. Saturday at Olympic Boulevard and Norton Avenue. The victim, 42-year-old Dough Harden, was taken to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Harden's girlfriend, Mary Jane Rempola, said they were waiting for takeout at a restaurant when he decided to run across the street to check his lottery tickets. Investigators said Harden was not in a crosswalk when the crash occurred.
Rempola said several vehicles stopped for Harden, but an SUV came around on the outside lane and struck him.
Authorities are looking for a black SUV with front-end damage and a missing side-view mirror, which was left at the crime scene. Investigators say they will review surveillance footage from surrounding businesses to track down the suspect.
"Coward, complete coward, and I hope that whoever is responsible has the conscience and guilt to come forward and not have to be hunted down," said Harden's sister, Suzanne Salgado.
Investigators are looking into surveillance video taken in the area.
If you have any information about this incident, you're asked to call police at (877) LAPD-24-7 or (877) 527-3247.
koreatown, hit and run, car crash, lapd, los angeles news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian 53 min ago
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Gorman brush fire near full containment
- Alcohol sting busts adults buying for minors 37 min ago
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea 20 min ago
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Tyler The Creator arrested at SXSW festival
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report