Los Angeles News
Texas man finds stolen car listed on eBay in East LA after 42 years
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Texas man reunited with his car 42 years after it was stolen after finding it for sale on eBay.
Robert Russell had been looking for his 1967 Austin Healey since it was stolen from him in Philadelphia. Russell recently spotted what he thought was his car on an eBay listing. He checked the vehicle identification number on the website with the one on the car's title certificate and found they were a match.
That's when he contacted the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department for help. Detectives tracked down the car in East Los Angeles.
Amazingly, the car was returned to him in fair condition. It's now valued at about $23,000. He had originally paid $3,000 for it. Russell, who now lives in Texas, said the real value was sentimental.
Investigators don't have any information about who may have taken the car in the first place decades ago.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 9 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach 35 min ago
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail 16 min ago
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
11 min ago