Los Angeles News
'Meatball' the bear at it again in La Crescenta
LA CRESCENTA, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- "Meatball" the bear is back - again.
The 400-pound black bear was spotted Sunday morning along Frederick Avenue in La Crescenta. <>Fish and Game officials fired tranquilizer darts at the bear as he climbed down a tree. Meatball then ran two blocks to Clark Magnet High School, where he fell asleep. Officials then drove him back into the Angeles National Forest.
Meatball has wandered into local neighborhoods before, most recently in late June. He got his nickname from the time when he broke into a garage, got into a refrigerator and ate the meatballs inside.
Meatball has gotten so popular, someone created a Twitter account in his name.
animal news, los angeles news, amy powell
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store 28 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week 47 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour