Los Angeles News
'Meatball' the bear at it again in La Crescenta
LA CRESCENTA, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- "Meatball" the bear is back - again.
The 400-pound black bear was spotted Sunday morning along Frederick Avenue in La Crescenta.
Fish and Game officials fired tranquilizer darts at the bear as he climbed down a tree. Meatball then ran two blocks to Clark Magnet High School, where he fell asleep. Officials then drove him back into the Angeles National Forest.
Meatball has wandered into local neighborhoods before, most recently in late June. He got his nickname from the time when he broke into a garage, got into a refrigerator and ate the meatballs inside.
Meatball has gotten so popular, someone created a Twitter account in his name.
animal news, los angeles news, amy powell
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 9 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 3 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know... 40 min ago