Los Angeles News
'Meatball' the bear at it again in La Crescenta
LA CRESCENTA, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- "Meatball" the bear is back - again.
The 400-pound black bear was spotted Sunday morning along Frederick Avenue in La Crescenta.
Fish and Game officials fired tranquilizer darts at the bear as he climbed down a tree. Meatball then ran two blocks to Clark Magnet High School, where he fell asleep. Officials then drove him back into the Angeles National Forest.
Meatball has wandered into local neighborhoods before, most recently in late June. He got his nickname from the time when he broke into a garage, got into a refrigerator and ate the meatballs inside.
Meatball has gotten so popular, someone created a Twitter account in his name.
animal news, los angeles news, amy powell
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Mandela interpreter cites hallucinations
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat 56 min ago
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace' 21 min ago
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate