Los Angeles News
'Meatball' the bear at it again in La Crescenta
LA CRESCENTA, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- "Meatball" the bear is back - again.
The 400-pound black bear was spotted Sunday morning along Frederick Avenue in La Crescenta.
Fish and Game officials fired tranquilizer darts at the bear as he climbed down a tree. Meatball then ran two blocks to Clark Magnet High School, where he fell asleep. Officials then drove him back into the Angeles National Forest.
Meatball has wandered into local neighborhoods before, most recently in late June. He got his nickname from the time when he broke into a garage, got into a refrigerator and ate the meatballs inside.
Meatball has gotten so popular, someone created a Twitter account in his name.
animal news, los angeles news, amy powell
- Boy Scouts votes to accept openly gay boys 32 min ago
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest 44 min ago
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- 2-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'