Los Angeles News
Woman shoots self in head as police close in on her during pursuit
STUDIO CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman who led police on a pursuit Sunday shot herself in the head as officers closed in on her in Studio City. She was in the hospital in grave condition.
The chase began near Sunset Boulevard and Gower Street about 3:30 a.m. Police said the woman, whose name was being withheld, apparently got into an argument with another woman in Hollywood and at some point the suspect fired a gun at that woman. That woman was not hurt by the gunfire.
Responding officers spotted the suspect's car, but the driver refused to pull over. The pursuit went west through Hollywood, then over the Hollywood Hills through Laurel Canyon and into Studio City.
Officials said the woman pulled into her parking garage in the 4500 block of Coldwater Canyon Avenue and, as officers closed in on her, she shot herself once in the head.
shooting, car chase, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 7 min ago
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe 26 min ago
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood 13 min ago
- ABC7 relief drive for Okla. tornado victims 54 min ago
- Big rig, truck collide in Pomona; 2 killed
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- abcnews: Cleveland kidnap victims 'happy and safe' 42 min ago
- Sleep remedies for a better night's rest
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale