Los Angeles News
San Fernando mayor, councilwoman to be part of recall
SAN FERNANDO, Calif. (KABC) -- San Fernando's mayor and a city council member will be part of a recall election following two sex scandals.
Mayor Brenda Esqueda was allegedly involved with a married police sergeant. Councilwoman Maribel De La Torre had an affair with Mario Hernandez, another council member who recently resigned.
Residents, who pushed for the recall, say they're ready to move forward.
"It's a breath of fresh air. We are going to have a good shot at making sure this city stays viable, that the residents are going to get what they want and demand, and the leadership in this city has a chance of being transparent for once," said recall committee member Julian Ruelas.
De La Torre and Hernandez's affair ended with both filing restraining orders and De La Torre being charged with battery and vandalism. Hernandez is now asking the charges be dropped.
los angeles news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC 41 min ago
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84 22 min ago
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present 39 min ago