Los Angeles News
San Fernando mayor, councilwoman to be part of recall
SAN FERNANDO, Calif. (KABC) -- San Fernando's mayor and a city council member will be part of a recall election following two sex scandals.
Mayor Brenda Esqueda was allegedly involved with a married police sergeant. Councilwoman Maribel De La Torre had an affair with Mario Hernandez, another council member who recently resigned.
Residents, who pushed for the recall, say they're ready to move forward.
"It's a breath of fresh air. We are going to have a good shot at making sure this city stays viable, that the residents are going to get what they want and demand, and the leadership in this city has a chance of being transparent for once," said recall committee member Julian Ruelas.
De La Torre and Hernandez's affair ended with both filing restraining orders and De La Torre being charged with battery and vandalism. Hernandez is now asking the charges be dropped.
los angeles news
- Southern California heat expected to die down 28 min ago
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
28 min ago