Los Angeles News
Missing UCLA student's car found in Pacific Palisades
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police have resumed searching the area where a missing University of California, Los Angeles student's car was found. It's an area they described as a maze of hiking trails and rough terrain.
David Goeser, 22, was last seen on Sunday morning by roommates at his residence near campus.
Police on Wednesday found his 2001 Toyota Corolla near Los Liones and Tramonto drives in Pacific Palisades. But there was still no sign of Goeser. Police said they ruled out foul play after searching the car. They believe the car was left there in the last two or three days.
Investigators brought in K-9 units, dirt bikes and a helicopter to search the area. In the afternoon, police brought in a mounted patrol, using horses to get to hard-to-reach areas.
"We have a lot of resources dedicated to this case. We want to find this young man safe and sound," said LAPD Officer Bruce Borihanh.
During the intense search, one of the sheriff's volunteer searchers either fell or had an ankle injury of some sort, according to LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith.
Goeser is an honors student at UCLA, majoring in English. Police didn't get word of his disappearance until Goeser's parents dialed 911 on Wednesday. His parents said he is under a doctor's care and needs regular medication.
"He's been struggling with a medical condition. It's been really rough. He left everything behind. His wallet, his credit cards, his license, his phone, everything and just disappeared," said Goeser's father, Mark.
Goeser is described as being 5 feet 11 inches, 160 pounds, with brown hair, brown eyes and fair complexion. Anyone with information on his whereabouts was asked to call LAPD's Missing Persons Unite at (213) 996-1800.
missing person, los angeles news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 1 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 attacked by bees in La Cañada Flintridge 6 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 19 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 42 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 1 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks