Los Angeles News
Missing UCLA student's car found in Pacific Palisades
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police have resumed searching the area where a missing University of California, Los Angeles student's car was found. It's an area they described as a maze of hiking trails and rough terrain.
David Goeser, 22, was last seen on Sunday morning by roommates at his residence near campus.
Police on Wednesday found his 2001 Toyota Corolla near Los Liones and Tramonto drives in Pacific Palisades. But there was still no sign of Goeser. Police said they ruled out foul play after searching the car. They believe the car was left there in the last two or three days.
Investigators brought in K-9 units, dirt bikes and a helicopter to search the area. In the afternoon, police brought in a mounted patrol, using horses to get to hard-to-reach areas.
"We have a lot of resources dedicated to this case. We want to find this young man safe and sound," said LAPD Officer Bruce Borihanh.
During the intense search, one of the sheriff's volunteer searchers either fell or had an ankle injury of some sort, according to LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith.
Goeser is an honors student at UCLA, majoring in English. Police didn't get word of his disappearance until Goeser's parents dialed 911 on Wednesday. His parents said he is under a doctor's care and needs regular medication.
"He's been struggling with a medical condition. It's been really rough. He left everything behind. His wallet, his credit cards, his license, his phone, everything and just disappeared," said Goeser's father, Mark.
Goeser is described as being 5 feet 11 inches, 160 pounds, with brown hair, brown eyes and fair complexion. Anyone with information on his whereabouts was asked to call LAPD's Missing Persons Unite at (213) 996-1800.
missing person, los angeles news
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 52 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 17 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 21 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour