Los Angeles News
Missing UCLA student's car found in Pacific Palisades
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police have resumed searching the area where a missing University of California, Los Angeles student's car was found. It's an area they described as a maze of hiking trails and rough terrain.
David Goeser, 22, was last seen on Sunday morning by roommates at his residence near campus.
Police on Wednesday found his 2001 Toyota Corolla near Los Liones and Tramonto drives in Pacific Palisades. But there was still no sign of Goeser. Police said they ruled out foul play after searching the car. They believe the car was left there in the last two or three days.
Investigators brought in K-9 units, dirt bikes and a helicopter to search the area. In the afternoon, police brought in a mounted patrol, using horses to get to hard-to-reach areas.
"We have a lot of resources dedicated to this case. We want to find this young man safe and sound," said LAPD Officer Bruce Borihanh.
During the intense search, one of the sheriff's volunteer searchers either fell or had an ankle injury of some sort, according to LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith.
Goeser is an honors student at UCLA, majoring in English. Police didn't get word of his disappearance until Goeser's parents dialed 911 on Wednesday. His parents said he is under a doctor's care and needs regular medication.
"He's been struggling with a medical condition. It's been really rough. He left everything behind. His wallet, his credit cards, his license, his phone, everything and just disappeared," said Goeser's father, Mark.
Goeser is described as being 5 feet 11 inches, 160 pounds, with brown hair, brown eyes and fair complexion. Anyone with information on his whereabouts was asked to call LAPD's Missing Persons Unite at (213) 996-1800.
missing person, los angeles news
- Crews search for survivors of Okla. tornado
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 11 min ago
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- LA voters to decide future of marijuana shops 35 min ago
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula 26 min ago
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing 32 min ago
- Former IRS chief knew little about targeting
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- SF 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 8 min ago
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10