Los Angeles News
Missing UCLA student's car found in Pacific Palisades
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Police have resumed searching the area where a missing University of California, Los Angeles student's car was found. It's an area they described as a maze of hiking trails and rough terrain.
David Goeser, 22, was last seen on Sunday morning by roommates at his residence near campus.
Police on Wednesday found his 2001 Toyota Corolla near Los Liones and Tramonto drives in Pacific Palisades. But there was still no sign of Goeser. Police said they ruled out foul play after searching the car. They believe the car was left there in the last two or three days.
Investigators brought in K-9 units, dirt bikes and a helicopter to search the area. In the afternoon, police brought in a mounted patrol, using horses to get to hard-to-reach areas.
"We have a lot of resources dedicated to this case. We want to find this young man safe and sound," said LAPD Officer Bruce Borihanh.
During the intense search, one of the sheriff's volunteer searchers either fell or had an ankle injury of some sort, according to LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith.
Goeser is an honors student at UCLA, majoring in English. Police didn't get word of his disappearance until Goeser's parents dialed 911 on Wednesday. His parents said he is under a doctor's care and needs regular medication.
"He's been struggling with a medical condition. It's been really rough. He left everything behind. His wallet, his credit cards, his license, his phone, everything and just disappeared," said Goeser's father, Mark.
Goeser is described as being 5 feet 11 inches, 160 pounds, with brown hair, brown eyes and fair complexion. Anyone with information on his whereabouts was asked to call LAPD's Missing Persons Unite at (213) 996-1800.
missing person, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 29 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 23 min ago
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 20 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 9 min ago
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'