Los Angeles News
LA City Council approves 400+ new parking meters
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There will soon be a lot fewer free parking spaces in Los Angeles.
The City Council has just approved more than 400 new meters. The meters will go up in Palms near the 10 Freeway and in Westchester near the Los Angeles International Airport.
The idea is to keep drivers from parking all day in the same spots. The new meters will mean more than $250,000 for the city each year.
This comes just weeks after the council voted to increase the fines for many parking tickets in the city.
los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations 5 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)