Los Angeles News
LA City Council approves 400+ new parking meters
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There will soon be a lot fewer free parking spaces in Los Angeles.
The City Council has just approved more than 400 new meters. The meters will go up in Palms near the 10 Freeway and in Westchester near the Los Angeles International Airport.
The idea is to keep drivers from parking all day in the same spots. The new meters will mean more than $250,000 for the city each year.
This comes just weeks after the council voted to increase the fines for many parking tickets in the city.
los angeles news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach 54 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds