Los Angeles News
LA City Council approves 400+ new parking meters
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There will soon be a lot fewer free parking spaces in Los Angeles.
The City Council has just approved more than 400 new meters. The meters will go up in Palms near the 10 Freeway and in Westchester near the Los Angeles International Airport.
The idea is to keep drivers from parking all day in the same spots. The new meters will mean more than $250,000 for the city each year.
This comes just weeks after the council voted to increase the fines for many parking tickets in the city.
los angeles news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks